Mobile app to discover contemporary art beyond your echo chamber
Docent is a mobile app that guides collectors to discover and acquire the contemporary art they’ll love. At its base is a carefully selected core community of international galleries, ranging from emerging to blue-chip, ensuring a highly curated, diverse offering of artworks. The platform aims to transform the future of art in the digital world through personalised recommendations shaped by a pioneering system of Machine Learning algorithm.
Docent’s dynamic team combines deep expertise in contemporary art and science, led by Hélène Nguyen-Ban, passionate collector and former founder of VNH Gallery with over 18 years’ experience in art and fashion as a Fashion Director at Louis Vuitton and Nina Ricci, and Mathieu Rosenbaum, Professor and Chair-holder in Applied Mathematics at École Polytechnique, Paris.
Using machine learning methods as well as rigorous research into today’s most relevant and exciting artists and programmes, their mission is to promote transparency and inclusion, cut out the noise, eliminate bias and embrace diversity, and build a community of galleries and collectors.
We are currently a team of 20 people, with scientists (computer vision, machine learning), art experts and developers. We enjoy sharing and learning from each other’s backgrounds: from art history to machine learning.
We have been founded very recently, so don’t expect a lot of content about us online, but we’ll be more than happy to give you all the details about what we’re building if you apply!
We are looking for a graphic designer, preferably with experience in the art world, fashion, music or other creative or luxury industries, who can show initiative and is motivated by our project.
– Play an active role in brainstorming or idea generation with the rest of the team on brand identity
– Maintain and update the current design system, ensuring a consistent visual language across all communication assets
– Show initiative and curiosity for evolving the current design system and bringing improvements to our graphic guidelines
– Design various communication and marketing assets such as invitations, business cards, pitch decks, flyers, social media posts etc.
– Simplify and represent the complex topics of contemporary art combined with algorithmic recommendations into compelling and strong visual assets
Social Media content
– Assist our social media strategist with content creation brainstorming (optional)
– Design Instagram posts, stories, gifs, shorts videos to present our app, technology and member galleries
– A degree in Design, Interaction Design, Visual Studies or other design-related field is preferred.
– Superior ability in composition, branding, typography, colour theory, image retouch and layout.
– An understanding or interest in contemporary art or luxury, or fashion is essential.
– Experience with Figma/Sketch, Creative Cloud complimented with traditional print applications. Skilled in basic motion design or video making with Adobe Premiere, or After Effect is a big plus.
– Ability and experience to produce designs across a variety of formats, platforms and environments including logos, visual identities, websites, social media, physical environments and more.
– Experience in branding, brand strategy and understanding design in a way that it can be relayed effectively through all components of a brand.
How to apply
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your portfolio, website or Instagram account; and tell us in a paragraph why you would be interested in this position.
We are open to either a full-time 6-month internship, an alternance or freelance mission. Let us know what you are looking for and your availabilities.
Pour postuler, envoyez votre CV et votre lettre de motivation par e-mail à email@example.com